- 2016 winner of the Zimbabwe national chamber of commerce best urban local authority in service delivery and local governance- Manicaland province.
- Geographical location which is attractive to investors.
- Favourable weather for farming and agricultural processing.
- Economic growth in the town hinges around mainly entrepreneurial activities.
- Trading town between Zimbabwe and Mozambique in the south-eastern border
- An urban population of about 28500 residents
Ø Construction Of Flea Market Stalls To Promote Indigenization And Entrepreneurship.
Ø Improvement And Rehabilitation Of Local Road Networks.
Ø Provision Of More Water To Residents Through Kabanga- Gaza Pipeline Project.
Ø Provision Of High, Medium And Low Density Residential Stands.
Ø Promotion Of Stakeholders’ Participation Through Public Private Partnerships.
Ø Installation Of Smart Prepaid Water Meters.
Ø Improvement Of Street And Traffic Lighting.
Timber and agricultural products processing.
Dairy products processing.
Banana processing company.
Tea and coffee production
Retailing and wholesaling.
Ø Development of housing units, particularly flats for Chipinge residents;
Ø Housing projects;
Ø Street lighting;
Ø Agro-processing industrial development (timber, tea, banana, coffee, macadamia, avocado pear, guava)
Ø Institutional development (eg schools, hospitality industry)
Ø Tourism conduit to Chimanimani and Chirinda Forest
Ø Well-structured NSSA shopping complex.
Ø Construction of a maternity ward at Gaza clinic and a polyclinic in Usanga.
Ø Construction of a recreational park.
Ø Completion of the Kabanga-Gaza pipeline