Zimbabwe, strategically located in the heart of Southern Africa is home to the Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world.
Owing to its geographical landscape, the country has significant agriculture, forestry and tourism potential. The population is relatively distributed across the country. More densely populated urban areas.
Key Country Facts
Official Languages: English, Ndebele and Shona
Currency: Multi Currency System
Dialling Code: +263
Population (2012est.): 12 973 308
World Population Rank: 72
Population Growth Rate (2012): 4.375%
Rank Population growth in Africa: 23
Literacy Rate: 97%
MUNICIPAL STATUS GRANTED IN : 1996
POPULATION ESTIMATE : 374 279 (650 000 informal estimates)
TRANSIT POPULATION :
AREA (total surface area) : 42km²
ALTITUDE : 1437m
CLIMATE : Warm and temperate
RAINFALL : Average
TARRED : 296km
EARTH AND GRAVEL : 116km
LOW DENSITY : 736
MEDIUM DENSITY : 1 460
HIGH DENSITY : 50 915
SECONDARY : 28
PRIMARY : 38
VOCATIONAL : 8
NUMBER OF HOSPITALS ` : 3
NUMBER OF CLINICS : 4
NUMBER OF PRIVATE MEDICAL FACILITIES : 20
|Project Name||Description||Location And Land Aspects|
|1. Water supply.
2. Water and waste management
3. Civic Centre
5. Chaminuka Caves
8. Vegetable processing and canning.
9. Vendor Marts
10. Plant and equipment
11. Waste to Energy
|1. Dam construction and water supply infrastructure
2. Water and sanitation services
3. Construction of Civic Centre and commercial structures attached to it.
4. Modernization and expansion of the existing stadium.
5. Tourist attraction Centre.
6. Education facilities ie Primary, Secondary and Tertiary.
7. Live stock production, cattle fattening and fish farming.
8. Food processing
9. Construction and management of state of art market stalls.
10. Manufacturing and distribution of farming equipment and other industrial equipment.
11. Energy generation
|1. Muda Dam located 40km
South West of Chitungwiza
2. Imbgwa Farm located 10km south west of Chitungwiza.
3. Chitungwiza Town Centre.
4. Chitungwiza Town.
5. 20km from Chitungwiza Town Centre.
7. Imbgwa Farm and Muda Dam
8. Chitungwiza Industrial Site
10. Chitungwiza industrial Site
- Proximity to the capital city and international airport
- High unemployment rate.
- Existing idle industrial sites.
- Potential for agro-processing.
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR CONSIDERATION
- Project proposal
- Proof of funding
- Approval from Zimbabwe Investment Authority
- Trade reference
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
The Town Clerk
6004 Tilcor Road
WARDS : 25
COUNCILLORS : 25