Zimbabwe, strategically located in the heart of Southern Africa is home to the Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world.
Owing to its geographical landscape, the country has significant agriculture, forestry and tourism potential. The population is relatively distributed across the country. More densely populated urban areas.
Key Country Facts
Official Languages: English, Ndebele and Shona
Currency: Multi Currency System
Dialling Code: +263
Population (2012est.): 12 973 308
World Population Rank: 72
Population Growth Rate (2012): 4.375%
Rank Population growth in Africa: 23
Literacy Rate: 97%
MUNICIPAL STATUS GRANTED IN : 1982
POPULATION ESTIMATE : 68 017 (2013 Estimate)
TRANSIT POPULATION :
AREA (total surface area) : 59,59
ALTITUDE : 1 670 metres above sea level
CLIMATE : Excellent
RAINFALL : + 900 mm
TARRED : 106,5 km
EARTH AND GRAVEL : 74,5 km
LOW DENSITY : 845
MEDIUM DENSITY : 1 482
HIGH DENSITY : 8 783
SECONDARY : 9
PRIMARY : 18
VOCATIONAL : 1
NUMBER OF HOSPITALS ` : 1
NUMBER OF CLINICS : 2
NUMBER OF PRIVATE MEDICAL FACILITIES : 3
WARDS : 12
COUNCILLORS : 11
Location And Land Aspects
WATER TREATMENT PLANT EXPANSION
1. PPPs/Joint Ventures/BOT model
(current capacity13.5ML to more than double)
Longlands water works
SOLID WASTE and WASTE WATER MANAGEMENT
2. Private/PPPs/Joint Ventures/BOT
(recycling and disposal)
· AS PER REQUIREMENTS
HOTEL AND CONFERENCES FACILITIES
3. Building the facilities. Untapped business opportunity
· 8 hectares. Strategically located
HOUSING/HIGH RISE FLATS
HOUSING DELIVERY focusing on high rise buildings.
· Marondera is the provincial capital, for Mashonaland East, and is an important regional service centre for substantial parts of Mashonaland East and Manicaland provinces.
· Marondera capitalises on the decentralisation of industry from Harare to accommodate a wide range of high technology industries.
· For the investor, Marondera boasts of its abundant water supply from large dams.
· Competitively priced industrial, commercial and residential land (readily available).
· Fully tarred roads and recently re-surfaced, in all industrial, commercial and low density residential areas.
· Skilled and semi-skilled dedicated labour force
· Electricity supplies are sufficient to meet every potential investor’s needs. Solar energy also available
· A reliable telecommunications network is available through a digital exchange.
· Modern waste management techniques are utilised for a cleaner Marondera
Marondera town is located only 74km from the capital city Harare on the national road and railway line to Mutare.
The Harare International airport is only 45 minutes drive away and we have a local aerodrome.
The Mozambique port city of Beira is only 380 kilometres away.
Marondera’s strategic geographical position contributes to its being a potential centre as an export processing zone.
“A Vibrant City of Excellence by 2019”
To deliver sustainable socio-economic services to the community.
*Our values can be summarised by the acronym. T.I.C.A.P.